I'm sick of my house. Just plain sick of it! I need a change. There are lots of things that need to be done, but I'll only talk about the living room today. There will be more to come on the subject, I promise. For some reason I always get the decorating bug at this time of the year. I think it's especially strong this year since I've spent the last three months confined to my home. Click on the picture to see my notes.
- First off, I'd like to change the wall color. Nothing too different from what's there now, but a shade or two lighter. Since we installed new shades on the front and french doors the room isn't as bright. I find it oppressive. I wish I could burn all the furniture and start over, but that isn't practical.
- Next, I want to finally hang curtains. I have them made. The only thing holding me back is the rod that I have yet to paint. I could probably complete the whole project in an hour.
- Next on the list involves sewing. I desperately need some new throw pillows to break up the sea of red. There's red overload going on in there! Really, I loved that red sofa when I bought it, but it's too much combined with the red chair, the leather chair, and the rug. I'd also like to recover that red chair. I'm unfortunately stuck with the leather chair, so a new throw pillow will have to do.
- Now I need to get rid of that rug. Immediately. I hate it. I have no idea why I bought it in the first place, but it needs to go. Fortunately it will look fine under my dining room table.
- Last but not least is my need for new end tables. What I have now isn't working. But getting new furniture involves money we don't have, so that will have to wait until I can come up with a thrifty solution.
Here are a few more views:
From the master bedroom doorway.
From the dining room looking towards the master bedroom doorway.
So there you have it, my desperate living room. It's time for me to take a trip to the fabric store to get my wheels turning.