See? Lily wasn't the only one who was productive this weekend. I worked on some bags (of course!). I did a little tweaking on my pattern and tried something new. I really do love working out a pattern to get it just "so", that's often when I find myself in the zone. Since my last version, the way I sewed my straps had been on my brain. I had the bright idea that rectangular rings would work well to attach the straps to the bag. It was a good idea in theory, but I wasn't pleased with my execution. That's how the fabric covered buttons on the floral bag came to be - I had to hide my not so perfect stitching! It worked out okay in the end because it incorporated a bit of the lining fabric.
I've been making an effort to use the "good stuff" in my new bags. Boy, does it make a difference! I don't know why I have such a problem cutting into my good fabrics. There will always be pretty fabrics to buy, so there's really no need to hoard what I have. I guess I'm just greedy!!